Predicting the gender of babies inside the womb has been around for centuries. It can be called an art form, voodoo or even a part of modern day medicine. For as long as babies have been born people have been claiming ways to tell you if it is a boy or a girl. Starting from the Grand Canyon to the remote corners of China, people have been claiming to look at a woman’s bump and decide the gender of the baby present inside. There have also been cases where people test the woman’s urine to find out the secret behind gender detection.
The medical test which can cost you a few thousand rupees just so that you can know for sure. In India, Gender Detection test has been banned given the cases of female foeticide in the rural parts of India. While some parents would want to wait for the entire nine months to know if it is a boy or a girl, others want to decorate rooms and buy clothes for their upcoming baby. Even the excitement can be the reason that an affordable and reliable Gender Detection Test is needed.
So, we have found a solution to all your pregnancy woes. The red cabbage test is a non-scientific and non-proven way for expecting parents to determine the biological sex of the baby. The basic logic behind this is pretty simple. Theoretically, the pH of the urine changes if you are pregnant with a boy or a girl. This acts as the fundamental principle behind the working of gender detection tests that can be bought at the Chemist’s shop. Those tests can be a little pricey.
Red Cabbage, on the other hand, is a cheaper alternative which reacts to pH using color. It has pigments which change color by how acidic or basic the solution is. So, this test can be a replacement for the over the counter gender identification tests.
How to Perform a Red Cabbage Pregnancy Test
- Buy some Red Cabbage from the local store. Make sure it is fresh.
- Wash and clean it properly before performing the test.
- Chop some pieces of red cabbage into little pieces.
- Boil 2 cups of water and then put 2 cups of red cabbage in it.
- Let it simmer on the stove for about 10 minutes until this water turns dark purple in color.
- Strain out the pieces of cabbage from this boiled water and allow it to cool completely.
- Take a sample of concentrated urine which is best if it is the first one in the morning.
- Mix equal parts of the mixture with urine.
- Repeat this throughout the day for 5-6 times.
How to Interpret the Results
If the color of the mixture remains red/pink, this indicates a boy. If the color is purple, this indicates the baby is a girl. We hope this article has helped you find an easy and affordable method for baby’s gender detection. Whatever sex of the baby what matters the most is that the baby and the mother should always remain healthy. Congratulations on the new addition to your family, Happy Parenting!
We do not encourage to test the gender of unborn baby. The article is only for educational purpose and the results are not accurate. This articles is based on just a prediction.