Montgomery Tubercles are the tiny bumps which surround the nipple. There are some associated conditions with Montgomery Tubercles. The requirements will depend whether you are pregnant or not. These bumps are also subjected to stimulation of nipples thus, becoming more prominent.
Some glands may differ for women, which can range from 4 to 28. Montgomery Tubercles are also known as areolar glands that are sebaceous. These glands are also responsible for the secretion of unique kind of antiseptic which helps to keep the nipple area moist. Montgomery Tubercles belong to the Montgomery glands, which also help in keeping the nipple area free from germs.
These glands are responsible for ensuring that your baby gets to have the milk, which is free from any contamination.
Table of Contents
Causes of Montgomery Tubercles
Usually, the bumps are not present around the nipples. But in many situations the occurrence of these nipples takes place. These are the breeding grounds based upon which nipple area is affected. While talking about Montgomery glands, these are always present in the breast area, but Montgomery Tubercles come up in different phases.
Here we shall look forward to understanding the occurrence of these Montgomery Tubercles around then nipples. Based upon health concerns, there are two grounds on which these tubercles come up. It solely may be due to pregnancy or under some other reasonable conditions.
Symptoms of Montgomery Tubercles
Talking about the signs of Montgomery Tubercles, we have divided these as follows:
- During pregnancy, or, If you are not pregnant.
Pregnancy and Montgomery Tubercles has a close connection. During pregnancy, Montgomery Tubercles may come up. You can look forward to the following symptoms of Montgomery Tubercles during pregnancy:
- You will have increased feeling of fatigue.
- You will have an urge to urinate frequently.
- You will develop your specific food cravings and will begin to dislike certain foods as well.
- You may also miss out on your periods.
- Swollen or tender breast.
- Morning sickness.
- Hormonal changes which can also cause mood disorders.
- Bleeding which can be painful, occasional or irregular.
Home Remedies for Montgomery Tubercles
Treating Montgomery Tubercles is not that complicated. Medications are available, yet it is highly recommended that you take up the home remedies. Check out the following solutions for the same:
- Water Intake: This is a practical remedy in which toxins are flushed out of the body. When you have loads of toxins accumulated in the body, there are chances of developing pimples. In that case, you will have to avoid the chemicals found in several products.
- Warm Towel: While using the warm cloth on your skin you need to keep it there for around 20 minutes. Just keep these towels on the breast and remove them afterward. This will also help in reducing the oiliness around the nipple area.
- Toothpaste: Apply a small quantity of toothpaste for half an hour in the area surrounding the nipple on a daily basis. Wash it off with plain water, which keeps the skin dry and free from acne.
- Scrub: This also helps in keeping your skin free from oil accumulation. After using the scrub, you should also use the Aloe Vera gel which soothes down the skin irritation. Scrub also helps in removing the clogged pores of the skin.
- No Salt and Fat: Food which is high in salt and fat content can create many skin problems. Such a diet will develop blockages on the skin pores, and Montgomery tubercles would also be enlarged due to this.
- Green Tea: You can apply green tea without mixing sugar in it. This is a perfect anti-oxidizing agent which helps in cutting down the free radicals in the body. You should use a sugar-free tea to ensure your skin looks flawless and fabulous.
- Garlic Juice: You can also use the garlic juice which should be applied for 20 minutes. This is very effective in treating the skin problems. This remedy needs to be implemented daily to make sure Montgomery tubercles are handled
- Fuller’s Earth: Mix Fuller’s earth with rose water, whereas sandalwood helps in removing excess oil and keeps the area unclogged around the nipple area.
- Cucumber: This also contains salicylic acid, which provides a great deal of exfoliation on the skin. You will experience clean pores so that your skin remains free from any oil build up.
- Cleansers: Using cleaning agents can have a miraculous effect on the skin. There are some conventional cleaners which include Benzoyl peroxide and the one from Neutrogena. In this ailment, you will experience how the skin is cleaned through cleansers without severely affecting it much.
- Citrus Juices: It helps in keeping the skin flawless and clean. You can mix these juices with cinnamon powder and apply for about half an hour on the skin. After that, you can wash it off with plain water.
- Calamine Lotion: It helps in keeping the nipple area dry by removing the excess oil. Apply this lotion in the night and wash off in the morning.
- Aspirin: Crush two tablets, create a paste and mix it with honey. This mixture is rich in salicylic acid and helps in clearing out the skin. You can apply it for ten minutes and then wash it off with water.
- Aloe Vera: This is a soothing agent which provides relief from oil build-up. Along with Aloe Vera gel, you can combine it with Shea butter and oil of cocoa butter. This treatment quickly removes the oil from your skin, thereby keeping it clean.
When at home, there are several procedures you can use to do away with the tubercles or reduce their sizes. Stop using the remedies if your nipples become dry and start cracking. This guide very efficiently helps in making you find an appropriate way out of getting rid of the oiliness around the nipples.
Out of so many home remedies mentioned above, you can look forward to finding the right way which shall suit you well. Medications surely work, but you need to indulge in the home remedies for easy and efficient recovery.